The Story of Hollywood
Hollywood was a stand alone city in 1903, before merging with the city of Los Angeles in 1910. The street Prospect Avenue was originally Hollywood Blvd, and is where Hollywood Blvd, ends to the east heading downtown.
An interesting note that Harvey and Daeida Wilcox found that there was an Ohio town called Hollywood, so she named their ranched Hollywood and the name stuck. The Hollywood sign was first erected in 1923, and was originally name “Hollywoodland,” and the new sign was erected in 1988.